Why Vitamix 5200?
Vitamix has quite a few blenders to choose from and all of them are very close to perfection. This is why it’s usually not easy to decide which one to spend your money on. Sure, every model will last you for years and will seem irreplaceable, but before you make the plunge, consider the balance between the price and the features.
For us this perfect balance is the 5200 model. It was released in 2007 and has remained relevant until this day. And here is why:
- It can handle anything
Whether you are a professional chef or just at home soup and margarita hobbyist maker, the 5200 will be fast, quiet, and always work as expected.
- Tough work horse
No matter how tough and hard the ingredients are, just toss everything in and watch it perform magic. The 2.2 peak horse power motor will spin those stainless steel blades so fast that you will get nothing but smoothness and velvety textures. Using slower speed will yield chunky salsa if you so desire. The blender features a tapered jar and a tamper to make sure things are moving along nicely and without fail.
- Restraint of power
Vitamix blenders are legendary because they possess a great power and restraint balance. Many other blenders on the market will create a powerful tornado inside the jar and food will be splattered onto the walls and the lid, but not with Vitamix 5200. If you start slow and increase speed gradually, you will be happy to observe how whatever you’re making is nicely contained where it should be.
- Vitamix is a family business
That’s right, the blenders are still being made in Ohio and the company is run by a fourth generation. It was started by William Grover Barnard in 1921 as a company with attention on kitchen and whole foods. The first mixer was produced in 1937 and since then the focus was always on perfecting blenders.
All Vitamix blenders come with 5-7 year warranty. Even refurbished models have 5 year warranty, so you know they’ll last.
Vitamix offers a few sales per year. Current spring sale is great – you can get up to $160 off on some models. Look out for great deals around Black Friday and Prime Day.
- Easy to clean
Most jars shouldn’t be cleaned in the dishwasher if you want them to last longer. Vitamix can clean itself pretty well spinning water and soap for 30 seconds, after which you’ll just have to rinse it.
- Packages and accessories
Vitamix 5200 machine is always the same, but you can choose different accessories and price points:
- The blender’s Standard Package comes with a 64-oz blender container, tamper, cookbook, thermal protection system, base, built in cooling fan, hardened stainless steel blades, DVD, and variable speed controls.
- Super package also includes 32-oz dry container for making grain flour at home. This powerful machine can make perfect oat, rice, wheat, and nut flour any time.
- Deluxe package includes all of the above and 32-oz compact container, flexible cutting board, 3-piece customized spatula set, and extra temper.
- Compact package – all standard features, but instead of a 64-oz container you’ll get a 48-oz one.
- Standard features
Finally, the awesome list of features that every owner of Vitamix 5200 will get to enjoy:
- Ten speed controls
- Indestructible stainless steel 4 prong blade
- Cooling fan
- Thermal protection system
- 64-oz BPA-free container
- Tritan Copolyester material, also BPA-free
- 3 colors to choose from – red, black, and white
- Self-cleaning mode
- 7 year warranty
- 2 HP or 1500 watts motor
All of that ensures that whatever job you’ll throw at it, it will be handled effortlessly, be it baby food, a smoothie, a silky hot soup, almond butter, ground coffee, ice cream, or wheat flour. And if its cost ($450) intimidates you, look out for refurbished version and save up to 25%.