What is Nutrisystem?
It is a well-known meal delivery plan that has helped a number of people meet their personal weight loss goals. For more than 40 years Nutrisystem has been providing ready-to eat perfectly balanced meals and delivering them right to your door. Nutrisystem makes it easy to feel and look better without having to count calories and weigh food. There are meal plans for women, men, vegetarians, and people suffering from diabetes. Most plans include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and one snack. Plans for men come with one extra snack and cost a little more.
How does it work?
There are no magic gimmicks in Nutrisystem. What makes it so effective is the portions sizes and nutritional balance. The idea of this popular weight loss plan is based on the fact that calorie restriction leads to weight loss. Eating 6 small meals a day prevents hunger and provides enough nutrients to supply the necessary vitamins and minerals. With this system you can enjoy a wide range of foods and lose weight while getting all the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Just imagine, you can still eat delicious cinnamon rolls, chicken parmesan, or cheese tortellini and lose pounds!
Following Nutrisystem meal plan you won’t have to worry about the amount of calories you take and the menu. Nor will you feel hunger as the meals are high in fiber, protein, and good carbs. You will have diverse meal options to choose from at any given week. There are about 150 options, including 120 low sodium ones and no trans-fat so you will never be bored with what you eat. The only restriction is about alcohol which should be avoided because of high sugar and calorie content.
What are Nutrisystem plans and costs?
- The basic Lean13 Plan covers 28 days and is designed to support digestive system and helps balance blood sugar between meals. As a result you are supposed to lose up to 13 pounds and 7 inches in the first month. It costs $274.99 for women, $314.99 for men, plus an extra $20 for custom plan, where you can choose your own meals.
- The Core Plan includes everything from Lean13 plan plus a few extras, such as more food choices, access to dieticians, counselors, trackers, and other resources. This plan costs $294.99 for women and $334.99 for men.
- Uniquely Yours Plan includes the choice of all 150 meals, extra meals per day, and costs $334.99 for women and $374.99 for men.
- The cost of Vegetarian Plan is just $11.96 a day for women and $13.39 for men.
- There is also Diabetics Plan that costs $9.82 per day for women and $11.25 for men.
What is NuMi?
It is Nutrisystem’s food tracking app that enables customers to keep track of the nutrients they receive with every meal from Nutrisystem. With NuMi there is no need to record your meals item by item to see your progress. The app also provides plenty of motivation resources, including helpful tips, inspirational quotations, and exercise recommendations.
What are Nutrisystem Advantages?
- Healthy meals that are portioned for losing weight
- High in protein to help build muscle tone
- Vegetarian and diabetic plans are available
- Some meals are gluten free
- Easy to follow and worry-free meal plan that doesn’t require any cooking
What are Some Nutrisystem Disadvantages?
- The cost of the weight loss program is not very cheap
- Meals are frozen
- Meals are not suitable for people with allergies
- Not all ingredients are organic or GMO-free
- 1000 calorie per day diet can be too restrictive
- Meals may contain some preservatives and sugars
- Difficult to stick to this meal plan for a long time
How does Nutrisystem Compare with Jenny Craig?
Both weight loss meal programs are available online and have much in common but you need to sign a contract to get Jenny Craig meal plan while Nutrisystem doesn’t require that. Jenny Craig offers plans for men, women, and different age groups, while Nutrisystem focuses on calorie restriction menu.
Nutrisystem offers more meals to choose from. There are 150 meals offered by Nutrisystem while Jenny Craig has only 80. Following Jenny Craig meal plan is more expensive if we take into account membership and delivery fees.
How does Nutrisystem compare with Medifast?
These two companies offer weight loss programs that are very similar. You can purchase fresh groceries to supplement both meal plans. Their meals can be customized and there are special plans for women, men, vegetarians and people suffering from diabetics. Medifast even offers special shakes for joint and coronary health. But Medifast program is more restrictive as it allows you to consume just 900 calories a day, while Nutrisystem allows 1,000. Make sure you consult a doctor before you start any of these meal plans as the amount of calories permitted is extremely low.
Where Can You Buy Nutrisystem?
The best and easiest way to purchase Nutrisystem is check their website Nutrisystem.com. You can also buy their meals at Walmart where you can get Nutrisystem shakes and shake mixes, protein bars and even Favorites 5 Day Diet Kit.
You can also find Nutrisystem deals along with Nutrisystem gift cards at Costco. Sometimes Groupon offers special deals for Nutrisystem too.
To sum it up, Nutrisystem is great for people who like quality readymade meals they don’t need to cook. On the other hand, this meal plan is not suitable for people who have some allergy restrictions. People may have different attitude to frozen food and not everybody likes it. Others find eating 1000 calories a day very hard and quickly give up. Anyway, it’s better to try Nutrisystem yourself and decide whether you like it or not. Besides, the company offers a full refund if you don’t like their products, so there is no risk involved. Just make sure you consult your doctor before starting a new diet.