Nutrisystem Coupons March 2020
What is Nutrisystem?
This meal delivery plan has been around for over 40 years and helped countless people lose weight. The meals are ready-to eat, come to your door, and are perfectly balanced, freeing you to enjoy life while easily losing pounds without a need to count calories. Easy, right?
The meal plans are for women, men, vegetarians, and people with diabetes. Most plans include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and one snack. Plans for men arrive with one extra snack and are just a little more expensive.
How does it work?
The magic of Nutrisystem is in their portions sizes and nutritional balance. You can enjoy a wide range of foods and lose weight while getting all the nutrients you need. Imagine eating cinnamon rolls, chicken parmesan, or cheese tortellini and still losing pounds!
At any given week you can select your meals from about 150 options, 120 of which are low sodium and contain no trans-fat.
While losing weight with Nutrisystem you won’t have to think about what to eat, count calories, or feel hungry. The meals are high in fiber, protein, and good carbs.
One limitation though – for the best results you should avoid alcohol as it has high sugar and calorie count.
What are Nutrisystem plans and costs?
- The basic Lean13 Plan – 28 days, supports digestive health and balances blood sugar between meals, enabling you to lose 13 pounds and 7 inches in the first month. It costs $274.99 for women, $314.99 for men, and extra $20 for custom plan, where you can choose your own meals.
- The Core Plan – this plan includes everything from Lean13 plan plus a few extras, such as more food choices, access to dieticians, counselors, trackers, and other resources. This plan costs $294.99 for women and $334.99 for men.
- Uniquely Yours plan – includes the choice of all 150 meals, extra meals per day, and costs $334.99 for women and $374.99 for men.
- Vegetarian plan - $11.96 per day for women and $13.39 for men.
- Diabetics plan - $9.82 for women and $11.25 per day for men.
What is NuMi?
NuMi is Nutrisystem’s food tracking app. It’s very convenient as it already has all the nutritional value of every meal, so you won’t have to record your meals item by item to see your progress. The app also offers daily tips, inspirational quotes, and fitness activity suggestions. You can sink this app with Fitbit, Jawbone, and Apple Health for your full weight loss management.
What are Nutrisystem pros?
- Healthy and perfectly portioned meals for losing weight
- High protein for building muscle tone
- Vegetarian and diabetic plans, which are rare
- Some meals are gluten free
- Worry-free weight loss and no cooking needed
What are some Nutrisystem cons?
- Meals are frozen
- The program is not very cheap
- Meals are not the best for people with allergies
- The ingredients are not organic or GMO-free
- Some people find 1000 calorie per day diet a bit restrictive
- Meal quality is low with preservatives and high count of sugars
- Hard to maintain this eating plan for a long time
How does Nutrisystem compare with Jenny Craig?
They both are similar, available online, but Nutrisystem doesn’t require signing a contract and offers more customizable meal plan options. Jenny Craig has plans for men, women, and different age groups, but no diet restriction plans.
Nutrisystem offers about 150 meals to choose from, while Jenny Craig has only 80 meals, many of which aren’t every day kind. Jenny Craig is more expensive with membership and delivery fees added to the cost of meals.
How does Nutrisystem compare with Medifast?
Both companies offer customizable meals and offer plans for women, men, diabetics, and vegetarians. Medifast also offers special shakes for joint and coronary health. Both programs suggest buying fresh groceries to supplement their meals.
Medifast program will have you consume 900 calories per day, while Nutrisystem allows 1,000. Both such intakes are on the low side, so consult a doctor if you have any doubts.
Where can you buy Nutrisystem?
You can buy the program on their own website, Costco, and Walmart. The easiest way to order what you need and customize is through Nutrisystem.com. Walmart offers Nutrisystem shakes and shake mixes for $35/4, and protein bars at $40/6. Favorites 5 Day Diet Kit at Walmart costs $59.98.
Costco offers Nutrisystem on sale and Nutrisystem gift cards. Once in a while Groupon offers special deals for Nutrisystem.
In conclusion, while Nutrisystem is great for some people, others might not have much success with the program due to personal tastes and allergy restrictions. Some people might be great with frozen foods, others will desire fresh ingredients. Nutrisystem offers a full refund if you don’t like what you get, so you can try it risk-free.
It is always great to consult with your doctor or dietician before starting a new diet. Always be mindful of your preexisting conditions and specific circumstances.