Marbled Chocolate Covered Strawberries
The recipe makes two pints of strawberries.
You should use strawberries with green stems still intact as they look better this way and the stem can be used as a handle while dipping it in chocolate.
|2 pints of large strawberries|
|8 ounces of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped|
|16 ounces of finely chopped white chocolate|
1. Rinse all strawberries and drain them well. Then pat them dry with paper towels as they should be completely dry for chocolate to stick better. Set the berries aside and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the chocolate: boil 2 inches of water in a medium pot over medium heat. Place both kinds of chocolate in separate bowls that are heatproof. Reduce the heat of the pot to low and place the bittersweet chocolate over it. Once melted, remove from the pot and stir it. Do the same with white chocolate bowl and then stir.
3. Use an offset spatula and drizzle thin lines of bittersweet chocolate across the surface of white chocolate.
4. Take the strawberry by the stem and carefully drag one side over the surface of the melted chocolate to one direction. Flip the strawberry and drag the other side in the opposite direction. Let extra chocolate drip back into the bowl and carefully place the berry on the parchment paper.
If needed add extra lines of bittersweet chocolate again. If the chocolate cools off too much, heat it up again.
5. Once all berries are coated like that, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to set for 5-10 minutes and enjoy immediately.