Macy's Top Black Friday Deals and Hours
Macy’s is famous for its Thanksgiving Day parade and puts a lot of effort into it, but that’s not to say that the department store will take the rest of the day off. As soon as the parade is over, Black Friday sales kick in as stores open up at 5 pm on November 22 across most of the the nation and will last for three days.
The store opens up at 5 pm the third year in a row to serve customers who are ready to start their holiday shopping right away. This information has been verified by calling seven stores directly to confirm the schedule.
As more and more retailers are forced to stay closed on Thanksgiving Day in recent years due to decreased in-store demand, Macy’s will be fighting for sales in physical stores and online.
Macy’s will be open from 5 pm to 2 am on Thursday and then from 6 am to 10 pm on Black Friday.
While employees are usually not very happy with working on this family holiday, Macy’s claims to have found people who are ready to work regular shift or have colleagues to pick their shift for them. The pay is not bad after all – all employees get overtime pay on Thanksgiving. That might come very handy for those who can’t or don’t want to spend this holiday with family.
Many competitors stay open too. Kohl’s and Best Buy have the same hours as Macy’s. JC Penney outdoes them by opening at 2 pm. Last year Toys’R’Us also opened at 5 pm.
Macy’s opened at Thanksgiving for the first time in 2013 at 8 pm. Since then the department store has been opening earlier and earlier with each passing year.
There are a few exceptions in scheduling – Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island laws don’t allow any retailers to open on Thanksgiving Day, so Macy’s there will remain closed and might have different hours on Friday.
Macy’s hired 80,000 seasonal workers in October in anticipation of strong sales season. The new employees will man Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores call centers, and distribution and online fulfilment warehouses.
Experts expect the retail revenue to rise between 4.3 and 4.8% compared to last year.
Based on recently published 40-page preview of Black Friday deals, shoppers will enjoy special pricing on clothes, small kitchen appliances, toys, bedding, and more.
Online specials will be available all three days, but some of the most incredible deals in-store will only work for select hours. That includes 12 items that are free after mail-in rebates. Keep in mind that door-buster deals will only be available on Friday 6 am to 1 pm. Door-busters on Saturday will be enticing you from 8 am to 1 pm.
Let’s take a look at some of the most amazing deals:
- Macy’s will offer 12 items in-store only that will be free after the rebate during door-buster hours and will cost $10 each before the rebates. This includes select tote bags, Gold Toe slippers, glassware set, Mohawk bath rug, young men’s graphic tees, Mickey or Minnie plush toy, cultured freshwater studs, Bella slow cooker, thermal Henley and Ralph Lauren Logo pillow, fashion watches, and $15 Giorgio Glam perfume spray (normally $72). Everything except pillows is limited to one item per household. Pillows can come in two.
- Apple Watch Series 3, $199 to $329 ($80 savings)
- Small kitchen appliances for $7.99 after rebate. This includes Bella Waffle Maker, Black & Decker 10 speed blender, and Bella slow cooker.
- Pyrex 22-piece storage set for $17.99 ($10 rebate)
- Bella air fryer or pressure cooker for $39.99 ($99.99 to $119.99 regular)
- Queen or King sheet sets, 950-thread count for $29.99 ($170 to $190 regular)
- Down alternative comforter any size for $19.99 ($60 to $80 regular)
- FAQ Schwartz toys 50% off
- Coupons: $10 off $25 and $20 off $50 on fashion and household items. Coupons won’t work for door-busters.